N-Shield® fertilisers are protected by Limus®, a unique urease inhibitor, which offers a range of benefits to farmers.
The application of Limus® to Granular Urea minimises volatilisation and adheres with guidance in the government’s Code of Good Agricultural Practice for Reducing Ammonia Emissions.
DEFRA have welcomed and concluded with the proposed alternative approach that will be delivered through the Red Tractor farm assurance scheme and FACTS advisers from 2023.
The alternative approach will mean scheme members can:-
- only use untreated or unprotected urea fertilisers from 15th January to 31st March each year
- use urease inhibitor treated or protected urea fertilisers throughout the rest of the year
Diamond Fertilisers offer N-Shield® Granular Urea protected by Limus® from BASF.
A combination of two urease inhibitors that together block several types of urease enzymes, more than a single inhibitor
LIMUS is a mixture of
-75% NBPT (N-(n-butyl)-thiophosphoric-triamide
-25% NPPT (N-(n-propyl)-thiophosphoric-triamide
Nitrogen losses to the environment are significantly reduced, so more remains in the soil available for plants, which can therefore improve yields.
Limus® Nitrogen Management helps support optimal nitrogen availability for more consistent yields. The combination of two active ingredients (NBPT + NPPT) in Limus® brings higher crop yields than urea with NBPT as a stand-alone active ingredient.** With Limus®, the yield performance of urea is raised to the level of AN fertilisers.
1. Reduces ammonia emissions by 98%
2. Increases application timing flexibility
3. Improves yield by 5% compared to standard urea*
4. Raises performance to the level of AN
5. The only urease inhibitor which contains two actives (NBPT + NPPT) for optimal efficacy
6. Storage and Stability
7. Limus® is applied to quality Granular Urea in liquid form, which soaks into the granule, rather than coating it.
Talk to us today to find out more - 01652 652933.
#limusprotects #nitrogenmanagement #ureaseinhibitors #protectedurea